x x . . Misz. Antoinette Yemzie Seki . . x x

Simply just doing Media . . :)

Prelim Task

AS Opening Sequence

Thursday 15 October 2009

Prelim Evaluation Task

Prelim Evaluation Task

1) Who did you work with and how did you manage the tasks between you? Explain how you organised your time and schedules. What issues came up with time management? What problems did you come up against? How did you deal with these? What were your strengths and weaknesses in this area? What would you do differently next time?

During my prelim task I was working with Josh, myself and Josh I would say was actually a really good team, this is because we both knew our positives and negatives, therefore to make a great movie, we acknowledged our positives and worked together to make a great movie! Josh was the camera guy, he set-up the camera, took care of the camera shots and what angles they were, and I was the dash-board girl, made sure I said “cut” and “action” at each relevant shot, and placed the shots and scenes on the clap-board, myself and Josh was also referring back to the story-board to make sure it was correct, and if it wasn’t we would change it to make sure there was a flow of continuity. With time management we did everything in one day, we scheduled it for and hour, however time did run-away with us and we exceeded an hour, but however, that only enabled us to make sure we do everything much more quickly and know how to manage out time better. Therefore, next time we do another video I have to make sure that I am quicker, and if I am not sure of the time I will make sure I book room that will enable to run over time if it is needed.

2) How did you plan your sequence? What process did you use?

For us to be able to make a short movie we had to make a storyboard, this was to save time, because in the movie business “time is money” and we cannot waste it. Therefore, we had to plan our movie
a) to save time
b) To actually make a movie.

3) What technology did you use to complete the task, and how did you use it? What did you learn about using the cameras? Here you can also refer to the discussions we have had in class recently about digital cameras.

During the task we used a camera for us to be able to film it, and one of the ways we used it was by using a tracking thing, as it enabled us to move the camera smoothly as if the camera actually has legs, which was a very good skill. I learned that you have to obey the 108 degree rule, and also have to remember the mise en scene which is basically everything in the frame. But in generally it was very exciting and interesting.

5) How successful was your sequence? Please identify what worked well, and with hindsight, what would you improve/do differently?
Personally, I feel that my sequence was very good. This was because I and my partner had organised everything well, we had scheduled a room and it was free at the correct and for the correct time. However, the only problem that had occurred was that one of our actors was not in, therefore I had to be an actor for my own scene, but as I did not know the whole script, that took up time. So one thing that will have to be certainly improved is my timing.

6) What have you learnt from completing the task? Discuss time management skills, group work skills, organisational skills and technical skills of production.
During this sequence I can certainly say that I have gained communication skills this is because, since I have been in class I never talked to anyone, in the whole class I only talked to one person, but through this sequence I have been able to communicate with others, this being I had to communicate with others to get the job done. My organisation skills were also very good as well this was only because I and Josh divided things between ourselves therefore; we had less work to do and plenty of time to do it in.


7) Post production - What did you learn about the editing process? How did you make decisions while editing? How did you plan your time to complete the editing task? What were your strengths and weaknesses in this area? What would you do differently next time?

And finally, the editing stage was actually say the most hardest task during the whole thing. This is because we had to have concentration on what we were doing and we also have to listen to everything making sure that we do not hear any “cut” or “action” which was rather hard, because at the same time we were still learning the new skills of how to edit, so it certainly took some time, it actually took more time to edit the video than to even make the video. One of my strengths was that I was able to work as a team and I and Josh were able to finish before the whole class because we worked together and as a team. That was definitely one of our strengths. However, one of our weaknesses was that we wasn’t very attentive, this was because every time we played the video back, we had realised that we had missed something or that we hadn’t trimmed it properly, but then finally we got there!

No comments:

Post a Comment